By Denise Reashore
Purchased a new filing cabinet or does the old one look like a bomb went off? Has it become a free for all storage area or an unorganized “organized” mess? Why not rearrange, clean out or organize it to suit your writing needs?
Even if the only available space is one drawer, try colour coordinating your writing files:
- Designate one colour (ie. red) to the business of writing: Business cards; Mailing address labels; Biography; Resume; Union dues; Expenses; Income tax claims
- Choose another colour, like black, to hold copies of templates found in writing books and from courses but make sure to keep your original copy
- Pick a bright or neon colour to identify your present writing: Works in Progress
- A paler coordinating colour could be used to file away work once it has been sent to publishers: Works Sent
- Keep a file for works published on the internet: Blog; Website; Facebook, etc
….and don`t forget to create a file for SOLD items!
Just by reshuffling some items or setting up a filing system befitting a writing life, you will begin to feel like the organized writers you enviously read about in the writing magazines.
A to Z Blogging Challenge: F is for…
Please comment by sending me an email (Denise) before checking out the other blog posts for the A to Z April Blogging Challenge at the link:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…