By Denise Reashore
Do you feel like you have too much stuff – we won’t say junk – tidbits of information, jot notes of a dream, setting descriptions, unfinished stories, elements of a complex plot, and snatches of dialogue cluttering your desk, shelves and drawers? Instead of washing walls, wash your hands of stress caused by a messy writing space.
Try these 8 simple steps:
1) Create an inspiration board on which to tack photographs, colour samples, descriptions, and bits of dialogue or any relevant information that belongs with your current project.
2) Stand writers’ magazines in a magazine rack for easy access.
3) Sticky notes of all sizes are great for when inspiration makes a splash – clean up by tossing them into a colourful bucket that you can put on display.
4) Check yard sales, second-hand stores, or schools and businesses that are closing for used filing cabinets and create files to store your work in progress.
5) Use magnets to hold schedules or notes to the front or side of your filing cabinet where they are visible and easily accessible.
6) Keep note pads, sticky tabs, and to do lists in a designer box or tin you received with a birthday or Christmas gift.
7) Stack storage baskets on a top shelf to hold research and writing on a particular topic.
8) Use a decorative box or basket that appeals to your creative side as an EVERYTHING box, store items out of sight and put them away in their proper place at a later time (preferably when you are not writing).
Spring cleaning doesn’t only apply to the house. It may be time to organize your writing space for ease of access and peace of mind.
HOW TO: Make an Inspiration Board (theartofjordan.blogspot.ca)
How to Make an Inspiration Board (supergirlscheme.blogspot.ca)
Examples of how to store with baskets (bing.com)
Decorative Storage Boxes (interiordesign.lovetoknow.com)
Simple Storage for Less (bhg.com)
A to Z Blogging Challenge: S is for…
Please comment by sending me an email (Denise) before checking out the other blog posts for the A to Z April Blogging Challenge at the link:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…