The Is of Writing: Inspirational Photograph & Writing Prompts
When you need one, a good title is difficult to create. It is even harder to come up with a great one.
Start a list of titles:
- Picture prompt: Think of some creative titles for this book cover.
- Cultivate titles for five short stories.
- Tease the readers of your blog with the titles of the three books you want to write (but haven’t).
- Collect interesting words and phrases for inspiration (and to possibly use for titles at a later date).
- Keep a list of published book titles that you want to emulate (just remember these are for inspiration only).
- Swap title ideas with writer friends. Trade out ones you aren’t going to use for some of their throwaways.
Write this collection of titles and ideas on a page in a notebook, keep them in a file on the computer or print and file away in your filing cabinet or writing portfolio. The next time your mind is stretching, or struggling, to come up with a title just reach out an arm and snatch up that folder or click a button for some extra help or inspiration.
How to Title Your Book (rachellegardner.com)